Saturday, February 9, 2008

Where will I be?

I heard from a former professor last night that one of the schools I thought was NOT interested in me is very interested. Wow! I had my phone interview with them about 2 weeks ago and had not heard a word. If I stayed in state, it would be in a small town in western North Carolina. If I left, it would be in a larger school north of here, like NY or OH. Family support would be gone (as referred to as my parents and maternal-side relatives) but I would gain my brother's support (he lives in CT). Since he will be my child's guardian, it might be nice to live up there. However, no matter how I do it, I'll be hours away from anyone. The two sites in NY are at least 3 or 4 hours from my brother. The western NC job is 3 hours from my parents, where they live now, and they keep talking about moving back home, which is another 3 hours away. And then there's the job in SC that sounds promising but which I have not heard back on. Such a waiting game. I think Alabama is out, oh well. Great cost of living there, though.

Decisions, decisions. Well, that's another day. :)

No comments: