Tuesday, February 26, 2008

IUI #3

I went in Saturday for IUI#3. This one was rather uneventful. First I got a blood draw (gotta love those) and then it was insemination time. She has to hold open my cervix with a clamp, but it did not hurt too much and I felt fine afterwards. The nurse said my sperm was wiggling all over the place, they were so happy. :) Since I was using a new donor, I was pleased to hear that. She never complimented the old sperm ... it was always "looks good" but never "super". Maybe "super" will do the trick?

I've almost finished the job interviews. I have 2 offers so far and expect a third, but am leaning toward the best one ... it is simply far superior to any I've had and I really enjoyed the visit. It was the one place where I was not asked to demonstrate my teaching, just my research, so I know they have the research focus I desire. I enjoyed the colleagues. They saw many connections between my work and theirs and were willing to add me to the junior faculty writing team, since I feel I need assistance with writing. There was a pregnant woman there, and another I met who had just given birth before she started, so they seem to be family friendly and accepting. It is a bit tougher of a schedule, in a way, since the classes are at night, but if I go with a nanny or home daycare person, it will work out fine. It's also only 4 hours from my brother, a connection I really appreciate since he will be the guardian for my child should I die. So, I am just waiting to hear from 2 possible contenders, the first school I adored (allows for maximum growth) and the new one which called to work themselves into my schedule (I'm not sure just what they are looking for).

No comments: