Friday, February 8, 2008

Looking on the bright side

At least I know my eggs can fertilize. I talked with the RE's nurse today and she answered all my pesky little questions. First, the breast tenderness and nipple issues were all due to progesterone a fertilized egg put out. (Yay!) Next, the cessation of the sensation was the egg passing on through my body without implanting. (Rats!) She expected AF today, so she was a little concerned by just the spotting ... as was I. Where was my cycle?

Well, here it is. Nice solid cramps on the right side of the body at 11:00 at night. OK, so Day 1 of the cycle is tomorrow. What was lost is now found. It's the good side of getting my cycle.

Well, they have changed my Femara protocol and this should be a very interesting month. If you think I used to itch bad ...

I will take 1 pill on CD 1, 2 pills on CD 2, 3 pills on CD 3, and 4 pills on CD 4. (I used to take 2 pills a day on CD 3-7.) Then I will go in on CD 12 or 13 (whichever works with my travel schedule) for my first scan. They decided this route since I ovulated at a much later time (CD 19 with trigger) than she liked. Maybe we can get a nice uterine lining and good size follicles and a body wanting to O by CD 14 or so. Yay! She also OK'd me to take my itch meds through ovulation and that no, they won't hurt the follicles. Perhaps, therefore, my itch won't be a bother while I am in job interviews.

She was a little perturbed she did not know I get hives from Femara. (I told the other nurse I did back in November.) There may be an office blessing-out about writing down what the patient cites as issues with the drug. They like my response to the drug, if I didn't turn into a welt-mobile. I was offered Clomid but I said no, that itching is far preferable to cysts, waiting out cycles, and the hellish mental effects of that drug. She was surprised (I guess she hates to itch), but she has no idea that I like mental and emotional stability as opposed to that hormonal haze. Plus, I have YEARS of allergies, so with YEARS of itching, welts, phantom swellings, and other responses, hey, what's one more itch? Better the known devil than the unknown, in my opinion.

So now I'm going to go pop a couple of Tylenol (the cramps are headed down the right leg) and crawl into bed for the long winter's nap. Tomorrow I must acquire some Femara again.

Do I start worrying today that CD 14 is when I will be in Ohio with no swimmers on a job interview? Nah, let's worry about that tomorrow ... I feel like Scarlet. Oh, right, Scarlet had Rhett in her life and said "Fiddle Dee Dee" when she got upset. No cursing for the lady. Such a shame. Cursing can be such a relieving experience ...

No comments: