Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Sesame Seed

I have been googling everything is sight about pregnancy at this stage (EARLY!) and have decided I have some symptoms. First, I have a sinus infection or such. Since this is a personal blog, but open for the casual viewer, I think I'll get graphic. Lucky you, huh? I awoke 2 days ago choking on a big wad of "gunk" that had slid backwards out of my nasal passage and down my throat. Since I'd had nary a sniffle prior, and really don't get colds, I thought hard about that wad.

That was my indication it was time to pee on a stick. Wee-hee! We get to urine test! (My friend had also mentioned, when she heard me sneeze twice the week before, that head stuffed-upness was a good sign -- and yes! Head stuffed-upness is a medical term for those doubters out there.) Enter the pale, barely there line. Ahah! Diagnosis!

My next set of symptoms is yet again graphic and I am glad I don't know you ... vaginal discharge, heaps of it. I really don't know why, and it surely isn't mentioned as a key sign, but I've never oozed like this before. If I didn't know better (and wear clean underwear) I might "sloosh" as I walked. As it is, I think I'm fairly quiet even though I'm oozing. Thank goodness for strong personal habits, right? [As my mother used to tell me, you never know when you might get in an accident and have to go to the hospital, so change your underwear everyday. It's a good rule to follow, but I can't say I've ever had an accident in which I had to go to the hospital. You never know, though, so I just change every day. Glad you knew, huh?]

Next I have very minimal breast tenderness. It's really not as bad as I got the 2 times I supposedly had PMS. It's kind of "you touch me there and I will brain you" when I am lying there in bed and the cats decide to play King of the Mountain, the Mountain being the small hill in front of my chin. The other times it was "Ouch! They ache so much I think I'll wear a bra to bed after I hit this cat over the head with a baseball bat."

There is fatigue. Yesterday I awoke after an 8 hour sleep. An hour spent returning emails and I decided, hmm, I really am sleepy, and it was back to bed for 3 more. 8+3, even a literacy person can do is 12 ... no, 11. Anyways (gotcha), I was a teensy bit tired.

And gas. Enough said? With the Ovidrel shot, you normally have an increase. I just haven't yet noticed a decrease. Frogs abound.

Now for the weird thing which may or may not be connected. I was driving home yesterday and got a little sick to my stomach. I doubt it's nausea, I just think it was a combination of hunger and carsickness, a rather frequent condition with me. If I start getting it on a frequent basis I will revise my idea. I also have pregnancy head. This condition is also called Bubble-Headed Bleach Blonde (from my years of dying the hair) and Absent-minded Professor Syndrome, for which I have been in active training for 4 years. So I am doubting I can lay all the haziness and forgetfulness at the pregnancy doorstep. I'll keep you posted on all that.

So that's it. That's all my symptoms.

All the symptoms aside, I read somewhere that my baby is the size of a sesame seed. I think the size reference is pretty cool. Imagine that a small bit like that could have those wonderful systemic influences on a 108 lb. woman. Well, 107.6, but we can round up, can't we? I'm just so proud of my little sesame seed ... he/she is a force to be reckoned with already, a mere 3 weeks, 6 days into life. Grow, little seed, grow. I can't wait to meet you! (Well, actually, I can ... don't be taking that statement as an invitation to depart now, okay?) Just burrow deep, wee one, in that lush uterine lining, suck all the blood you want, and grow. I'll wait. I'll even feed you whatever you want .. just no pickles and ice cream combinations, okay? I'm not sure I'm up for something like that.

No comments: