Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mixed News

Well, I got blood drawn from the phlebotomist (why can the nurse never get my vein?) and got back my beta - 14. It is VERY low. I'll go in to get another in 2 days' time and it should have doubled then. If it has not, I think I may lose it. If it has, I imagine I'll have to go in again on Saturday for another blood draw before I am deemed "in the clear."

So, yes, I have fertilization and implantation. We KNOW I can get pregnant now. But we may actually have evidence that we are now dealing with that infamous immune system. Gotta love it! My immune system has been yanking my chain since I turned 15. That's 24 years of my life spent responding to the whims of my antibodies. First Grave's Disease, then the lemon allergy, then Hashimoto's, then all my hives, the gray hair, the rashes from "stress" or allergens, ALL the drug allergies (can anyone say Whacko?) ... what more could a woman want?

Like I said, gotta love it. Well, I'll keep you posted. Have a great April Fool's Day, won't you?

No comments: