Sunday, November 23, 2008

IUI #11

Well, I had IUI #11, rather uneventful. At the end, though, it got interesting. I was prescribed Lovenox, a blood thinner, to help with recurrent pregnancy loss, what they now consider me due to age and 2 chemicals. So, I am presently dealing with that turn of events, getting myself convinced I can inject myself once daily with a med that everyone says leaves nasty bruises and stings as it goes in. Wonderful! I think I'll start tomorrow AM but am not sure. It's hard to think about.

Other than that, most is well. I have some pain from my ovaries, a nagging ache most of the time, except when I use my muscles to sit on the edge of the toilet seat to urinate. Urination is by gravity (no bearing down at all). This is worrisome. I'm hoping it disappears by tomorrow or I may call the clinic to ask about it. I hate being such a pest, really. It's just the unknown and not knowing if it's fine or if I should be worried about it.

2 week wait ... maybe, just maybe!

1 comment:

Pepper said...

The "heaviness" in your abdomen is totally normal. It's definitely a weird feeling though! I think it's caused by swollen ovaries. Drinking more fluids, especially things with electrolytes like Gatorade and Smart Water, may help.

I did twice-daily heparin shots after my first IVF and they weren't too bad. I did ice the area before and after the injection. Lovenox is like heparin, but you only have to do the Lovenox once a day (bonus!) and there's also a chemical in it that helps to prevent bruising. Just don't rub the injection area after the injection when you do Lovenox. That helps.

*Fingers crossed!*