Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beginning IVF cycle!

Well, changes abound. I got AF on Friday and called the fertility center. Since I was out of town, I finagled a deal where I went to my old RE's office for bloods and ultrasound. I have 3 follicles in one ovary and 5 in the other. Upon talking it over with my old RE's nurse, I decided to go for IVF, especially since it is covered by insurance completely. So, I spoke with the clinic ... I began IVF meds last night (Saturday) and will probably have retrieval the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving. Fun! So, I took two shots. Lupon, 5 cc's, easy as pie, and Follistim, 225 cc's, not as easy but not hard either. It was just tough figuring out how to press the plunger ... holding it like an insulin needle did not work so I had to change to thumb depression and that worked. It's just a different finger configuration. OHMIGOD! This is it! How exciting!

My folks will be up here for the retrieval and I am very glad for that. Since it is general anaesthesia, you have to have someone else accompany you, etc., which is kind of hard for newly-moved single gals. :) Loving it. I'll keep you updated on the follicle development ... first u/s on Wednesday, HSG on Thursday. Ah ....

No comments: