Saturday, June 14, 2008

Trigger shots and early ovulation

I went in today for my ultrasound and the nurse found small follicles, an 18, a 15, and some others. Since I am due to get on a boat for Alaska on Tuesday, she is obliging me with triggering tonight at midnight for an IUI Monday at noon. I'm pretty sure they wanted the follicles to grow more (perhaps by a couple of extra days) but I want the insemination to occur before the cruise. They keep saying that less stress will be better for TTC chances ... well, you can't get any less stress than me on a vacation for 2 weeks. So ... IUI on Monday. Boat on Tuesday. Nice!

I also went out today and bought some shorts, not for Alaska. Even though I am back down to 104, I am bloated beyond belief each week and my shorts don't really fit. It was around December that I ordered all sorts of used Levi jeans off Ebay, so I'm thinking I've been bloated all along. I also remember buying 2 pairs of low-waited dress slacks in the winter since my suits trousers were pinching my waist. Methinks it's the hormones. Whatever the reason, I find I REALLY don't like anything to pull at my waist. So I am now poorer by $75 but richer by 5 pairs of shorts I can wear whatever hormone or shot I have taken lately ... such a wonderful concept to not have to try on clothes to see how tight they'll be that day!

Well, seeing as how I have two and a half hours until the shot, I should get some chores done. After all, I have a cruise to go on and have not yet packed. Hmmm....

No comments: