Sunday, July 27, 2008

Onward Plans

Since I am moving to another state and another insurance company, I have started the research for the new RE. What I did was compare CNY (Syracuse) and Cornell (NYC) in terms of IVF success rates, travel distance, and insurance ease. Well, while CNY only has 19% live birth rare compared to Cornell's 31%, they are markedly closer to my home. I checked into the monitoring of the IVF cycle, since IVF means high dose injectables and increased rish of OHSS. CNY can do my monitoring in my new city but Cornell only has an off-site location as far north as Mount Kisco ... not cool. So, while 19% is markedly lower, the time and energy saved in distance for the consults, procedures, and monitoring is substantial. I am therefore going with CNY.

I spoke with them, got my initial consulation appointment, and am working on having my records sent, etc. Fun! According to the nurse, my new insurance plan is FANTASTIC for infertility, which is a thrill compared to the lousy (read - nonexistent) coverage of Blue Cross Blue Shield.

So, health aside (since it is now taken care of), I am packing my house. Although I have many boxes in the garage, it looks like I haven't done anything in here so far. Not good. I am thinking of having a tag sale next weekend to get rid of some furniture and knick-nacks. We'll see. My brother and his family are coming up and I would rather spend quality time with them than have a sale. :)

No comments: