Wednesday, January 14, 2009

10 follicles!

I am on CD 7. I went in this morning for bloodwork and ultrasound after 5 days' worth of follistim at 300 units, and probably 2 weeks' worth of 10 (then reduced to 5) units of Lupron. I have 6 follicles on my right side, ranging from 11 to 5, and 4 follies on the left side, ranging from 10 to 4. My bloodwork looks great and the docs have me tentatively scheduled for retrieval next Wednesday, a week from today. Yay!

All I need are prayers that I will NOT ovulate over the Lupon. It really got to me last cycle when that happened. I am on 5 units of Lupron again and when they reduced me to 5 at the beginning of the cycle, I questioned that decision ... after all, 5 didn't work, so why try it again? Apparently, follistim won't work at 10, so it had to be 5. I'm not sure just what they are going to do if/when my progesterone begins to rise ... is there any way they could cut it off? So, anyways, here's hoping, right?

I picked a new sperm donor today. Yes, I really liked my previous one a lot. He did succeed in getting the fertilization to occur. However, it was losing its magic. This new one has a high IQ, good height/weight ratio, and has some success. We'll see if he does the trick!

I'm still not sure just what I am going to do for the retrieval. I know I need someone to accompany me, considering the fact that I will be under anaesthesia. However, I don't want to ask anyone to accompany me ... we'll see. Perhaps I will call up a friend of mine and see if he could swing it on his day off (friend, folks, friend). I would just much rather take a cab to a hotel and stay until the wooziness disappears. I'll ask on Friday if I can do this ...

Well, all is well here. Gotta go hit the homework!